
"God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers."
Boy, is this true! I know there any many, many fabulous mothers out there but I honestly can't imagine one better than mine. I'm not sure what I did to deserve such an amazing role model, confidant and friend. She spends most of her time taking care of others---that’s simply what she does…and she does it effortlessly and willingly. In fact, we call her the "facilitator" because she's so good at making things happen!
On her special day, I can't help but reflect on how much she means to me. I will try not to get too emotional but she has seriously been my voice of strength, courage and optimism over the past 3 years---I'm not sure what I would do without our "morning coffee" and our "drive at 5"! (That's how we refer to our daily phone calls.) Those phone calls that I look forward too and cherish so much.
So, Happy Birthday Mom!!!! Yes, you may be one year older…but that also makes you one year wiser, kinder, lovelier, and greater.
Love you!
3 comments:
All very true!! You said it perfectly....
One of the "up sides" of getting older is enjoying the company and friendship of your adult children. Thanks so much for your wonderful words (they made me cry)but I truly feel like I am the lucky one to have such an awesome family. "How lucky can you get!"
One more thing - you are welcome but all those things are "just what moms do!"
Post a Comment