So this is what it feels like???!!!! I can't believe that I'm officially in a new decade---seems so strange! I don't want to gush or get too emotional...seriously, in the scheme of things this birthday is a drop in the bucket so I'm really only kidding...but since this blog is also serving as my current journal, I do feel the need to write some things down regarding this milestone birthday...
Hopefully, I won't bore you to tears but I want to share some of my thoughts on how these 30 years have molded me, empowered me, blessed me, inspired me and most importantly, delighted me.
There are many life lessons that I have learned in this 30 years...they have helped me keep things in perspective...just to name a few:
- You never know how strong you are until you are faced with a situation that gives you no other choice.
- The depth of courage and internal strength that we all possess is not only essential but can define you as a person.
- You can only expect from others what they are capable of giving---and nothing more.
- Life is full of challenges, adjustments and different paths---every one has a different path in life and each path is equally important, meaningful and fabulous.
- Life can be a roller coaster full of highs and lows that seems to weave remarkable people in and out of your life for a reason.
- You never know when someone will need to rely on you for the very thing that you relied on them for.
- You should cherish your loved ones and enjoy sharing your life with others while being genuinely interested in the lives of others as well.
- Asking for help is imperative.
- Always treat people the way you want to be treated---even if they never end up treating you that way.
- Do selfless things for other people even if they don't do those things for you. Do these things for others because you want to and because it's the right thing to do.
- Seeking the advice of others is vital and difficult at the same time.
- Empathy is an emotion that should be used positively.
- Everyone is fighting some battle.
- Your family and friends will not judge you...they will ask you how they can help you.
- It will surprise you who is there for you when you need it most.
- Smile, laugh and be silly as often as possible :).
Now, enough of the deep stuff...it's time for a margarita tonight!!!!!!
FIESTA TIME begins at 7 p.m.!!!
1 comment:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I am so sorry that we can't be there. I hope that you have a wonderful day and night. Have a margarita for me and I promise to get that way soon to celebrate!
Love and miss you,
Ashley
Post a Comment