12.17.2008

Prayer Request...The Miller Family

Through my job, I have had the pleasure of getting to know some amazing people. Without a doubt, one of them is Beverly Miller. She is such an inspiration! Beverly's 20 year old son, Christopher was diagnosed with chronic kidney disease and Beverly has chosen to give her kidney to her son. They both check in to Johnson City Medical Center (in Johnson City, TN) this morning, Wednesday, December 17th. I ask that you please include them and their family in your thoughts and prayers.

Just to give you a brief synopsis of Chris' story...

Hello, my name is Chris Miller and I am 20 years old. I love to fish, hunt and just enjoy being outdoors. I graduated from Greeneville High School and during the last semester of my senior year (about 3 years ago) my whole life changed. I was diagnosed with chronic kidney disease, and it didn’t really hit home until about a year later when the doctors began to talk about a transplant.

Still, I wasn’t really worried about myself, just my mom because she said she would give me a kidney. Since the day my wonderful mother told me she was going to give me a kidney, I have told her a few times that I was against it and didn’t want her to do that. I worried and worried about it for a very long time because I would blame myself if anything were to happen to my mom. I still worry about that but not as much because I have prayed and prayed that nothing would happen to her and God has taken that worry away from me.

I believe my girlfriend, Kalyn, is more worried about the surgery then I am now. I would like to thank my dad for going to all of the doctor appointments and always giving a helping hand. I also want to thank Kalyn for being there with me the whole time and not giving up on me when I didn’t feel good and was tired. Lastly, I want to thank my two best friends, Tyler Arwood and Ryan Parvin. You guys are the best! Don’t worry about me. I will be fine - I promise!

No comments: