2.09.2009

A visit from Mom and Dad!

I had a great weekend with my parents. Mom and Rex drove up on Thursday and we decided to tackle the project of cleaning out my attic on Friday....yikes:) I have quite the fear of mice (I don't know why since they are harmless) and I always get nervous that there will be mice in my attic---I have NO reason to think this but it's an old house and the weather is cold---so, I never want to go up there alone plus I'm been procrastinating for some time on "dealing" with my attic. I was finally ready to get everything cleaned up. Anyway, it was really great to get that accomplished and I'm SO thankful to my mom for her help--I really couldn't have done it without her---you are the absolute best, Mom! I hope you know how much I appreciate you!

Then on Friday night, Dad flew in and we all went out to eat. On Saturday, we decided to drive to Clarksville to see the Murray State/Austin Peay basketball game. Phillip went to undergrad at Murray State so it was nice to see his alma mater play...one of the star players on the Murray State team was actually from New Orleans so it was really cool to watch him play...Sunday was short since Mom and Dad had to leave to drive back...

I cherish these visits from my parents. It's great quality time and happy memories...I always look forward to the next visit!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We enjoyed our weekend in Nashville and are looking forward to our next visit. Helping you with your attic was my "warm up." I really need to tackle our attic and that will be a huge task!