And, of course, since we don't have flood insurance, NONE OF THIS IS COVERED. It's awful. Flood insurance would have never crossed our mind since we don't live in a flood plain and we are nowhere near a body of water.
We know that we are really lucky in the scheme of things. I'm trying to really keep things in perspective. Many people are much worse off and are still trapped since all of the interstates are closed. Since I went through Katrina, I understand what this devastation is like and I can honestly say, this a Katrina for the city of Nashville. It really is that bad for most people who live here.
The Publix down the street where I grocery shop has water above every car in the parking lot. And, of course the water damage has the ability to bring on more fires. Vanderbilt Children's Hospital is flooded and suffered from fires due to water on electrical areas. So, anyway, please send your prayers to Nashville!
Here are some pics of our basement:
What a memorable birthday for him :(.
2 comments:
Have been thinking about ya'll tons. Am so, so, sorry!
OH MO,
I don't know what to say....I am just so sorry!!!!!!
Post a Comment