9.26.2011

BIG news, BIG news!

Ok, this news isn't necessarily NEW to everyone but we are finally making an official announcement...yes, I wrote the title twice since we are having TWINS!

We found out that I was pregnant on June 3, 2011. It wasn't until June 20th that we learned we were having twins. I really wish that I could've video-recorded Phillip's reaction--it was hilarious! He was so shocked--he started running his fingers through his hair, took his jacket off (I'm assuming that he started to sweat), loosened his tie, etc. He kept asking the sonographer to check again:). It was so funny!

Of course, he is absolutely thrilled but like any man, I think all the thoughts began to run through his head...double this, double that....everything seems to be doubling over night:). But, we are both ecstatic and can't be more excited about what the new year is bringing us.

Since I use this blog as a journal, I do want to be sure that I document all of the important milestones but to quote one of my dear, lifelong friends' Jennie "I have a confession. When I find out friends are pregnant, I usually drop them from my Google Reader. Because, seriously, I couldn’t care less about their bowel movements or even worse, the dreaded belly pictures…." I thought this quote perfectly depicted how a lot of people feel and it makes me laugh too:). So, I totally understand if all the "baby talk" gets old, I just want to be sure that I document it as my journal since my memory is totally shot these days.

Hopefully, I will actually get one of those blog books printed at the end of this year (or maybe I'll wait until after the twins arrive) but anyway, here goes on our adventure...

Some things that I want to remember right now:
  • Our due date is February 8, 2012 (although most likely, we will have January babies since full-term for twins is 37 weeks)
  • I'll be 21 weeks on Wednesday (September 28th)
  • We have decided NOT to find out the sexes--a lot of people think we are crazy for doing this but we feel like it will be a fun surprise no matter what.
  • I'm taking belly pics weekly but I'm not posting them--trust me, you don't want to see them:). Toward the end, they will be hard for me to look at too--haha! (I'm not complaining though, it's all so worth it.)
Other than that, we are so excited and just pray for a long, healthy pregnancy (as all parents do) and we feel so blessed to be a part of something so special and amazing!

We can't wait to meet baby Mize A and baby Mize B...it will be here before we know it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't think of a better way to start the new year! So happy and excited for both of you (and our family).

Theresa Miller said...

Congratulations! That's wonderful news!

Nicole said...

So special for you and Nicole to have this to share. The gas, the granny panties, the double-barreled, quick removal bra....so exciting!

I can't wait be be an Uncle. Nicole gave me you and Jared as my first Bro and Sis, and you give me my Uncle DP status. Can't wait for baby peyton manning and baby tee martin (I am assuming p is pressing hard for a tennessee legend's name if a boy) or possibly baby Econ and and Epito, the Mize girls.
Love you Mo and P

Uncle DP