10.19.2011

24 weeks




How Far Along:
24 Weeks
Size of babies:
About the size of an ear of corn
Maternity Clothes:
I wear maternity jeans, pants and some tops. I can still fit in some non-maternity dresses and tops as well. I'm trying to wear as much non-maternity stuff as I can since I know that I will out-grow it for sure. I can definitely tell that I'm hitting a growth spurt right now. I feel like I grow every 2 days!
Gender: We are not finding out. Can't wait for the surprise(s)!
Movement:
I feel flutters- especially after I eat. I've also started to feel some tumbling and something that might be hiccups--there is definitely more force going on than just the flutters now. I think Baby B is going to be wild:).
Sleep:
I wish I could say this was going better. I used to sleep on my stomach which of course is out of the question but no complaints here. I fall asleep fine but I have trouble staying asleep. It seems like I wake up every hour or more once it hits 1am. I surround myself by tons of pillows so hopefully this will get better.
What I miss:
Sleeping on my stomach, sushi, steaming hot baths (I don't really miss anything too much because I'm so excited:)).
Food Cravings:
I've become a sweet tooth! This is definitely a change. I used to crave salt more but I feel like I crave sweets more now. Things like blueberry cake donuts, skittles, chocolate chip cookies, etc. As I mentioned above, I must be hitting a growth spurt because I seem to be ravenous all the time! Up until now, I feel like my appetite has been pretty stable but in the last 2 weeks my stomach is growling obnoxiously every 2 hours. I also crave mashed potatoes. Random.
Symptoms:
I feel really good (and lucky because of that). There was a girl in our Multiples class who is pregnant with twins and her due date is 5 days after me---she already feels horrible, bad swelling, high blood pressure, etc. She mentioned that she will most likely go on bed-rest next week. It made me feel so thankful to be feeling so good at this point.
Best Moment of this past week:
The Multiples Class, putting together the snap-n-go stroller, taking the car seats out, getting organized at home. Getting prepped to set up the nursery.
Looking Forward to next week:
Taking my glucose test on Monday--haha, not really. But it means we are getting closer and closer to the arrival of these babies! Also, I'm headed to Louisiana on Wednesday night--I can't wait to see family and friends.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We can't wait to see you too!

Davis and Suzanne said...

i crave mash potatoes all the time not prego:)