The last 10 days have been hectic as can be--but also so great. My parents drove me back from Mandeville on Halloween with our nursery glider and gifts piled in the back of my dad's SUV. I took several days off work and we spent the week working on the nursery--I am so thankful to my parents, I could not have done it without them.
Phillip had to make a live, televised presentation to the governor last Friday so I wanted to get everything taken care of without him having to worry about it. He had enough on his plate already! He had already cleared out the room and put the cribs together. Fortunately, the walls were already painted a light, light gray so we didn't have to repaint.
My mom ironed until she couldn't iron any more:). She ironed curtains, crib sheets, crib skirts, chair slipcover, etc. My dad hung pictures on the wall, moved furniture, etc. I painted some accent pieces like a wall shelf, picture frames, lamp, etc. Everything is really coming together. I'm waiting on 2 final touches that I will have by mid-December and then I will be ready to post some pics.
Since my parents decided to stay the week, it worked out perfect for us to go to the Grand Opening of the Container Store on Thursday night. My mom's cousin (my 2nd cousin) is the owner/founder and they just opened a store in the Green Hills Mall. It was so neat to go to--I've never been to a grand opening like that before. It was also neat that my great uncle (from Dallas) and great aunt (from California) were in town for the event-it was great to see both of them.
Then, on Friday night my parents stayed to go to our Couples Shower--it was so special that it worked out for them to be there. They left early Saturday morning to make it back to watch the LSU game and go to the Saints game on Sunday. What a great weekend for Louisiana football!!!
We are at that point in the year when time is flying bye. With the holidays approaching, football, etc. there is always so much going on around this time. I know I'm going to wake up and it will be January and these babies will be here before we know it. I'm trying to let things slow down as much as possible so I can really take everything in. I want to cherish this time as much as I can.
No comments:
Post a Comment