12.21.2011

33 weeks


How Far Along: 33 Weeks
Size of babies:
About the size of a pineapple
Maternity Clothes:
I'm wearing whatever I can fit into.
Gender:
We are not finding out. Can't wait for the surprise(s)!
Movement:
They are definitely moving, flipping, break dancing, tumbling, etc. Right now, they seem to be most active before or after I eat.
Sleep:
This is still not great. Some nights are better than others. Some nights I have severe insomnia--I'll be wide awake from like 1-3 am. It's all preparing me for January!
What I miss:
Sleeping on my stomach, sushi, steaming hot baths, picking up Buddy, exercising (I don't really miss anything too much because I'm so excited:)).
Food Cravings:
Sweets!
Symptoms:
Even though I feel very good, my doctor felt significant pressure on my cervix at my Monday appointment. Baby A has always been very low and in fact, in the last ultrasound that I had, the sonographer said that Baby A's head is sitting on my cervix. So, it makes sense that the pressure on my cervix would be pretty significant as both babies continue to grow.

Which means...I am now on bedrest. It's not ultra strict to where I can only get up a specified number of times per day but I can no longer go to work, shop, run errands, walk around, do housework, walk up and down the stairs repeatedly, etc. Basically, the majority of my day needs to be spent laying on the couch. My doctor said that our focus needs to be getting through the next 2 weeks. I want to do whatever I can to keep them in there longer so hopefully, the bedrest will help. I'm still optimistic that we can go longer than the 2 weeks but I guess I need to take things one week at a time--or rather, one day at a time:).
Best Moment of this past week:
Another week! Every week is just another really good thing:)
Looking Forward to next week:
Christmas is here! I can't believe Christmas Eve is this Saturday. Time is flying bye! I hope everyone has a happy and healthy Christmas!

I can't believe it's almost 2012 and almost time for these babies--we are definitely in the home stretch! So excited. I just can't wait to meet them.

2 comments:

Davis and Suzanne said...

Congrats on 33weeks!!! Way to go!

kate, nick, myrt and baker said...

wow, what a champ you are! i know that the bedrest will allow those cute munchkins all the time that they need. we are keeping you in our prayers! BTW, i LOVE the nursery - they will have to be serene kids with that beautiful decor!!