3.25.2012

11 weeks old

Since this blog is going to serve as M&M's baby books, I want to make sure I update as much as I can. The babies are doing great--they are becoming more and more alert each day and we are actually getting some REAL smiles! They are also cooing, which is so cute. I just adore everything about them.

This is a picture I took this morning of them hanging out.
We are getting ready to go eat some "Nashville crawfish"...I LOVE Mac's little outfit. Aunt Nicole got this for him and it's so adorable. It's an oatmeal colored cashmere little sweater suit--I wish he could wear it forever! It's perfect for the Spring but it also fits him PERFECTLY, which means...he won't be wearing it much longer, I'm sure:). Bummer.

Mae is wearing the outfit that Lila came home from the hospital in---isn't it crazy that she is small enough to still wear that?! Her hair is WILD this morning. I washed it but didn't brush it right away so it dried funny and when I tried to add water and brush it again, this is how it turned out. But ANYWAY, she is growing really well and I feel like she's eating a lot for her right now--sometimes she will even take a bottle of 5 ounces these days (of course, not every feeding but occasionally)

We are still working on sleeping. We feed the babies at 10am and then usually around 1:45am and 2:45am, we have to resettle Mac by giving him his pacifier. Then, anytime after 3am if they wake up (usually right around 3am), we feed if they look wide awake. Typically, Mac initiates all this. Mae is a really good sleeper once she is down. She will take down only like 2 ounces at the 3am feeding and then go right back to sleep. Mac will take down about 4 ounces and then go right back to sleep. So, that's one really great thing. If we could just get them sleeping from like 10pm to 4 am straight (with no resettling), it would be great. Not happening yet. The getting up and down is kinda tough. In some ways, I think they are doing well in this area but I'm just not really seeing it yet because I still don't get straight sleep. I'm up and down a lot.

I'm really hoping the sleep will improve before I have to go back to work on April 19th. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The sleeping will get there - don't give up! Your consistency and the fact that they are more alert and staying awake longer during the day, will help you get longer stretches at night. Hope it happens this week! Can't wait to see them again.

Nicole said...

Just when you think it will NEVER happen...it will! Hang in there!! Love ya!