It actually seems like we've made some progress in the sleeping area--at least for one:). For the past 2 nights, Mae has slept from the 10pm feeding until 6am. However, Mac is still waking up many, many times. If they weren't in the same room, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't hear a peep out of Mae but sometimes I think Mac wakes up her and she might let out a grunt or cry but then goes back to sleep. It's funny because I figured since she was the smaller one that it would take longer for her to sleep through the night--not the case, I think she loves to sleep! I can't blame her:).
As for Mac, I think I might have to get tougher on the cute little fella. He's old enough and big enough now to make it through. So, for the past 2 nights, I've just gone in the nursery each time he cries to give him his paci, resettle him, reswaddle him, etc. and try to get him to go back to sleep with no feeding. I'm hoping this will train him to keep sleeping and not wake up. We'll see what happens the next few nights. Everything I read says that it takes at least 3 nights for babies to break old habits and establish new so we'll see how this goes after the weekend.
Other than that, we've just been enjoying our last couple of weeks together before I go back to work. I can't even think about it right now or the flood gates will begin...:)


1 comment:
They have changed so much in the past two weeks. I miss their chubby little faces. Can't wait to hold them again.
Post a Comment