4.20.2012

15 weeks old

I finally ordered my 2010 and 2011 blog books and it gave me even more motivation to keep this blog as up to date as I possibly can. It will be neat to give these books to M&M as they get older so they can read about all the things they did, see pictures, etc. I think it's better than any scrapbook that I could ever create.

I wish I would've started a weekly template earlier but it's not too late, is it? I have a friend who has done this on her blog so I'm going to steal her idea and modify it a bit. Once they get a little older, I will probably shift these updates to monthly. But, for now...a lot can happen in ONE week!

EATING- Mac is certainly an enthusiastic eater. He's becoming such a BIG boy! We are now doing 6 feedings a day (in 24 hours) and he eats 6-6.5 ounces per feeding which I think is A LOT. I can't wait to see how much he weighs. Mae, on the other hand, is not nearly as excited about food. She has definitely improved but at times, she can definitely take it or leave it. She sometimes still drinks a bottle of only 3 ounces but then sometimes she will drink up to 5. You never know what you will get with her. We also put cereal in the 10pm late night bottle for both. We haven't done any middle of the night feedings for 2 weeks now.

SLEEPING- I hate to even write about this because I don't want to jinx it. The last two nights have been remarkably better. Both babies pretty much fall asleep by 8pm, we dreamfeed at 10pm and then they have slept until 6am. However, there is a little fussing that sometimes occurs in the night. The night before last it was Mac and last night Mae but it doesn't last long and they fall back asleep pretty quickly. We may just have to pop in there, resettle, stick the paci in, etc. This is major progress in our house! That's the only challenge with twins, the odds of having a good night in which they both sleep are slimmer than with one baby (obviously) but they are both just so darn precious that I can't give one back:). If they keep this up for another week, I might try to inch up the dreamfeed to 9:30pm. I would love it if I could go to sleep around 10pm.

ACTIVITIES- They are both so much more alert. We have 2 of those activity mats and they love to lay on them, kick their arms and legs and even try to grab at things. They are wide-eyed the whole time. They have also recently both started to like their swing. They love laying there and watching the birds spin around. We have also started using the baby bath tub to bathe them. Before, they were so small that we would just hold them in the kitchen sink but now they seem to like sitting in the baby bath tub (we still do it in the kitchen sink for now). They both love being outside so we enjoy going on walks and sitting on the front porch and people watching.

MILESTONES- We are really beginning to get some big smiles which is so adorable. One little smile and it just seems to make all the hard work and sleepless nights worth it:).

COMING UP NEXT- I've started back at work so we are all adjusting to our new routine. I'm looking forward to their doctor appointment on May 7th (not looking forward to the shots) but I'm anxious to see what they weigh. I've tried to weigh them at home and it doesn't seem to work well.

I'm really trying to cherish every single moment right now. It's funny because even though I'm the most tired and overwhelmed that I've ever been, I'm also the most energized and relaxed that I've ever been at the same time. I don't know if that makes any sense--it's hard to explain. And, without a doubt, I'm the HAPPIEST that I've ever been so I never want to forget how I feel right now. Very blessed...

No comments: