![]() |
| Holding hands...makes my heart melt. |
![]() |
| Day time, play time! |
EATING-Mac has slowed down a little and is now eating anywhere from 5-6 oz per bottle. I think he was going through a growth spurt when he was eating 6 oz every single time. We are doing 6 feedings in a 24 hour period. Mae is still "Mae". She is so funny and doesn't really care much about food. She already reminds me of a combination of Elise and Lila. The food thing definitely reminds me of Elise. This morning, she gagged as soon as I put the bottle in her mouth and it was a challenge to get her to drink 3.5 ounces. And this is after not eating since 10pm. Everyone else in our family loves food so I'm sure this will change one day:). She still feels like a feather when I hold her (especially in comparison to her brother) so it will be very interesting to get her weight.
SLEEPING- We are staying pretty consistent with sleep. We still do a 10pm feeding and then don't feed again until 6am. This morning both M&M started to fuss around 5:40am so I put them in the co-sleeper in our room and they watched me blow dry my hair. What entertainment that must be:). I would love to inch up that 10pm feeding to 9:30pm but I don't want to jinx anything--although I'm not sure if 30 minutes will really make a difference or not. In some ways, I think we are doing great with sleep but then I listen to others who have babies who sleep much more. I've learned this is one of the most frustrating things to try to compare--every baby is different and although you can do certain things to promote good sleep habits, there is so much that just comes down to nothing more than luck.
ACTIVITIES- We have this electronic activity gym thing (Aunt Nicole actually picked it out for them on one of her trips here)...well, they now LOVE it! Mae has figured out how to kick the lever which makes the lights and music sound off--she is so proud of herself. It's so funny. I think M&M are both going to be like their dad in the music arena. I can't help them out there. They seem to love music and love when you sing to them. Phillip was singing to them this morning and they were kicking their arms and legs like crazy and smiling ear to ear. I was trying to put make-up this morning for work while talking and singing to them and it was making me laugh so much. I would step away to look in the mirror so I didn't poke myself with mascara and they would start to fuss, I would step back and start singing to them and they would kick and smile like they were having the time of their lives...do you already learn master manipulation at this age??!!! That's ok, I'm comfortable being manipulated by them at this point:). Also, Mae has recently become interested in sucking her fingers. We try to give her the paci and she spits it out. Lovely.
MILESTONES- I really think Mae is trying to roll over and I think Mac is trying to laugh out loud. So cute! Mae gets on her side (from her back) and then gets frustrated so I try to help her out and show her how to kick that leg over. Mac doesn't seem interested in this yet. But Mae has always been a mover since day ONE. And, this morning when she woke up, she had managed to not only break out of the swaddle but also get one of her arms out of her sleep gown. She is a wiggly little thing. Mac gives the BIGGEST, sweetest smiles and he's starting to make noises while he does them. He also coos much more than Mae does so I think he might laugh soon. It's funny how they are focusing on different things at different times--it just further shows off their individualism:).
COMING UP NEXT- We are probably taking M&M to their first Titans party tonight at LP field. I'm just looking forward to the weekend to hang out with them non-stop. I miss my little cutie pies so much while I'm at work.


2 comments:
Miss them! Great pictures. Both look healthly and happy. Love Mac's chubby legs!
I am crying as I am reading this because I miss them so much, but love reading about them and their little funny personalities! I CANNOT WAIT to get my hands on them again!!!!!! It actually surprises me how much I miss them..I knew I would, but not this much!!Give them kisses from us!
Post a Comment