6.05.2012

5 months old!

January 5th- June 5th...Seriously, 5 months already? Everyone warned me about time going so quickly and boy are they right. I LOVE this age. Of course, I'm sure I will love things about every age. But we are having so much fun right now!


Look how big I'm getting...I love baths!

Silly Mae...she's so funny.

I'm not sure what I love most about this pic...the fact that they are both in their Superman pose or the fact that they are sleeping at the same time :)

EATING- We are starting food!!! We have been working on cereal for over a week now and are going to start some sweet potatoes this week.  It will be interesting to see how they react. 

SLEEPING- Progress!  We have had several nights in which both M&M have slept from 10pm- 6am straight.  Well, Mae is our good sleeper and has been doing this for months now, so Mac is really the one who has made progress. Also, we have been putting him in the sleep sack unswaddled so our little boy is growing up!

I guess I should say that they are technically sleeping from 7:30pm until 6am with a 9:30 pm dreamfeed. So, when I think about it, I think they are doing really well. That's almost 11 hours straight. Once we drop that dreamfeed, it will be golden. I'm ready to drop it soon but their pediatrician says that they still need it. I might have to be a bit rebellious on this one and try to drop it anyway and see what happens. I know plenty of parents who dropped the dreamfeed long before 5 months. 

ACTIVITIES- They are both babbling and drooling a lot. They LOVE people and are all smiles these days. It's so cute!  I think they have already learned how to manipulate their parents:). 

MILESTONES-  I'm pretty sure that Mae rolled over:).  My mom and Lila both saw it happen on 2 separate occasions last week but Phillip and I missed it. So, hopefully, she'll try again soon.  Mac does try to roll over a bit but more than that, he tries to scoot on his heels and lift up his back. We are really starting to have to keep an eye on them more. No more days of just lounging on the big ottoman, they will definitely scoot themselves right off the side! 

COMING UP NEXT- June is a relatively calm month for us other than the twins dedication on June 24th. My parents are coming in town for that so I look forward to seeing them again!

No comments: