2.05.2013

13 months old

I've decided to start doing monthly updates for M&M and I want to follow the same format each month so I have something consistent to reflect upon. I hope they will love reading this one day!

MAE

Approximate weight: 16.5-17.5 pounds

Approximate height: 27-28 inches

Teething: This girl has tons of teeth- probably 10+

Walking: Not yet. Military crawl.

Favorite Play Toys/Things to do: She loves to play with books, blocks, stacking cups...she's loving the johnny jumper right now too.

Favorite Food: She LOVES food!  There aren't many things that our little girl won't eat. She also loves milk which is great.

Milestones/Highlights: This isn't necessarily a highlight but she bit her brother this weekend!  She has bit Phillip and I both before but never Mac until this weekend. She was playing independently (which she loves to do) and he came over and started to try to play with her toy too so she got angry and bit him on the hand. Instant screaming and tears--I can relate, those little teeth hurt!

Biggest Change: She has become just so much more animated and interactive. She will laugh hysterically, show lots of emotion and loves to play peekaboo. When she is doing her military crawl and you start chasing her, she is so funny, she speeds up really fast like she is playing chase.  She has the prettiest grin I have ever seen.


MAC

Approximate weight: 22.5-23.5 pounds

Approximate height: 29-30 inches

Teething: He has 6+ teeth.

Walking: Almost!  Physically, he could totally do it but he doesn't quite realize it yet.  He pulls up on everything and still crawls really fast.

Favorite Play Toys: Standing up dancing on his activity toys,trying to open cabinet doors, chasing Buddy, blocks, etc.

Favorite Food: Cheese, pancakes, banana/pumpkin/sweet potato muffins, noodles and watermelon.

Milestones/Highlights: He can pull up on anything so easily. He will stand one handed and when anyone starts singing, he will start doing his "slow groove" dance. Its so cute! He also gets really excited and waves both hands in the air, almost like he is clapping but with space in between. So funny.

Biggest Change: He is definitely developing some personality!  He is such a sweet boy but he is learning to test us already. Well, at least it seems. He now throws food. I'm not sure if he's doing it for attention because he's not consistent. Sometimes he throws food when he doesn't want it but other times, he will throw a few pieces then eat a few pieces.  He will make eyes and flirt with you and it's so cute how he acts when he gets excited, he will crawl real fast or scoot around in circles. He is going through somewhat of a clingy phase with me which of course, I'm trying to cherish since I know there will be plenty of times when he doesn't want his mom :(. His laugh is the cutest thing I have ever heard.

No comments: