6.04.2013

17 months old

MAE

Her favorite little spot...

Approximate weight: 18+ pounds

Approximate height: 27+ inches

Teething: She has a full mouth of teeth!

Walking: She's getting SO close. She is the most interested (and frustrated) that she has ever been so I feel like she will get there soon. The doctor always thought she would be more like 18-19 months before she walked.

Favorite Play Toys/Things to do: She loves to sit in the bottom of this little shelf that we have (pic above) and she loves to play on the couch. She also loves playing with bracelets, my scarves, purses, etc...certainly a girly girl.  At night, she is so funny...M&M go to bed pretty early around 7:30...Mac is typically out within 2 minutes but Mae rolls around and just talks, giggles and squeals for like an hour.  She seems so thrilled to be in her "happy place". I love that she can be in her crib alone and perfectly content.

Favorite Food: Unlike her mommy and daddy, she LOVES peas!  We've also recently discovered her love for fries and ketchup. That's definitely mommy's girl.

Milestones/Highlights/Biggest Changes: Her biggest change recently has been her attitude!  Our sweet little Mae is quite sassy these days.  I really think she is frustrated because she wants to walk plus I've always heard that right before they reach major milestones, they become more needy as they struggle with independence. I definitely think she is going through this...Mac went through this too but his seemed to manifest itself by restlessness in his sleep...thankfully, she is still our good sleeper. She also is doing really well verbally, saying lots of words very clearly and trying to mimic things that we say constantly.



MAC

Such a BOY!

Approximate weight: 23+  pounds

Approximate height: 30+ inches

Teething: He has a mouth full!

Walking: He is now practicing running :) and loves to play chase. ALL boy.

Favorite Play Toys: He loves playing with kitchen toys and utensils--maybe he'll be a little chef?  He also loves certain books, blocks and pushing around the grocery cart.

Favorite Food: I feel like he might be eating more lately. And, last night, he even ate peas too! Of course, if he doesn't want something on his plate, he communicates it very easily--on the floor.  I would say his favorite food is probably still cheese quesadillas, sweet potatoes, bread items and fruit.

Milestones/Highlights/Biggest Changes: The biggest thing that I notice right now is his comprehension. I'm constantly shocked with how much more he understands than we realize. It's becoming so amazing so quickly.

I absolutely adore this duo!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is the first picture I've seen of them standing side by side! So cute! Love them!