9.10.2008

The countdown has begun...

As most of you know, I'm not really thrilled to be turning 30 on Friday---obviously, there is nothing I can do but decide to embrace the wonderful world of aging :) . I think we should all stay in our twenties forever! I'm taking on the "30 is the new 20" philosophy...

The good part about my upcoming birthday is the CELEBRATION schedule ahead. I'm so excited that my parents are spending a week with me (with mini vacations to Gatlinburg and Kentucky in between) and Nicole came in over the weekend. We had such a good time!

We ate dinner at my absolute favorite restaurant- Ruth's Chris. Um, petite filet (medium), please??!!! :) Flat out yummy.

We shopped, hung out and laughed...I really couldn't ask for a more special celebration...I'm getting spoiled!!! Sharing special occasions with family or great friends just means the world...

I feel so thankful that Nicole was able to visit and share this special time with me---obviously, leaving 3 toddlers at home shows quite the effort that she put forth to make my day so memorable. I can't thank her enough for that. And, of course, thanks David for holding down the fort!

Since we weren't all together for Nicole's 30th birthday, my dad had the waitress put candles in both our desserts...check out the pics below:





































1 comment:

Nicole said...

I had sooo much fun too! I was so glad I was able to come visit! Too bad it wasn't on your "real" birthday, but at least it stretched out the celebrating just a little!
Love ya!
Nic