11.23.2008

Oh deer!

My trip to Mandeville started off with a bang...LITERALLY. On my way in town, I hit a deer! I was about 30 miles north of Meridian, MS when it happened and actually, it was quite SCARY. Driving 7o mph and hitting a rather large deer head on is something that I hope I never endure again. The deer flipped over my car and I just feel VERY lucky that I was able to hold the steering wheel tight and not lose control of my car. There was a car in the other lane so changing lanes was not an option.

Thankfully, Howie and I made it safely to Mandeville. My car is still functioning fine and I was able to drive the rest of the way but I do have significant damage on the front end of my car.

With Thanksgiving in a few days, I can't say how thankful I am that this accident was pretty minor in the scheme of things--obviously, it could've been much more.

So, I'm THANKFUL that I arrived very safely and now I'm looking forward to a fun week with family and friends!

No comments: