~Clarence Budington Kelland
This is the most fitting quote for my dad. I feel so lucky to not only have him as a father but to have him as a mentor in my life. He truly sets such phenomenal examples for me each and every day---and, he has done this throughout my entire life.
I think there are many special fathers out there but of course, I truly believe that it would be tough to compare to mine---he's the perfect mix of advisor, father, listener, and friend.
On this Father's Day, when I think of my dad, I decided to make a list of the words that are at the forefront of my mind. He is disciplined, sincere, prideful, friendly, humorous and mature-minded.
- Disciplined -I admire this so much about my dad. I mean, what 60+ year old still runs 5 miles 5 times a week? And, get this...with NO headphones...on the concrete outside. AMAZING.
- Sincere- My dad is one of those that will always give sincere advice. This is so important---especially at times in your life when you really need it. You can count on his practical mind and his compassionate heart but you can also rely on his genuineness.
- Prideful- I love the fact that he takes pride in everything he does. Obviously, he takes pride when it comes to the significant things in life like family but I also love the way that he doesn't really do things unless he "does them right". Even when it comes to washing cars:).
- Friendly- I love that I really view my father as a friend---what a great adult relationship to have. He knows how to be emotionally available even when it comes to talking about shallow things like American Idol...ha!
- Humorous- For those of you who know my dad, I think you have to admit that he is pretty darn funny. He can come up with the most witty one-liners...oh, I should also mention that he is INCREDIBLY SMART.
- Mature-minded- My dad has such a mild, reserved disposition which I love. He doesn't "sweat the small stuff". He is just one of those people who is wise enough to get the big picture in life and it is so nice to be able to rely on his calming nature.
So, even though I'm not sharing this Father's Day with him in person, I want him to know how much he means to me.
Happy Father's Day, Dad! I love you!
2 comments:
Very true description! He is a great dad and husband.
Mo, thanks for the kind words...did I die? Love, Dad
Post a Comment