11.28.2010

So Thankful

Thanksgiving 2010 was great. I can't believe it is already over and Christmas is right around the corner! We spent the holiday in Louisiana and had tons of quality family time, which I can never seem to get enough of. There are so many things that I want to remember about the week that I thought it would be easiest to list the highlights (in no particular order:)):
  • Hanging out with the fam!
  • Catching up with my favorite girlfriends at Barley Oak

  • Eating lunch and spending the day with Mimi and Grandpa

  • Having a slumber party with Elise (in spite of her night terrors, growling stomach and flailing legs:))
  • Devouring a delicious po-boy from Parkway Bakery & Tavern with my husband and parents
  • Spending Thanksgiving Day with the people that I love

  • Watching Phillip conduct a scavenger hunt for Elise, Lila and Bennett--the excitement on their faces was priceless!

  • Meeting the Parnell family's newest addition- Boss (the maltipoo!)

  • Admiring Sue's fabulous fall decorations and table setting for Thanksgiving
  • Listening to Elise and Lila BELT OUT Taylor Swift songs (yes, they did not hold back.)
  • Hugging my dear almost 93 year old Grandpa Roland
  • Enjoying all of my favorite "Sue dishes"- spinach madeline, pecan pie, cornbread stuffing, white chocolate cookie cake, mashed potatoes (and, Nicole's delicious baked macaroni)

  • Laughing as I let Buddy sleep in the grandchild's crib (yes, we did this...we didn't bring his kennel so the crib seemed perfectly logical...he LOVED it:)).
  • Coming back to Nashville to go out with one of my favorite couples, Kelly and Josh (in town from Virginia)

  • Decorating our home for Christmas...tis the season!
I. am. so. thankful.

Although, I didn't get a lot of shots, I managed to remember my camera and take a few...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so thankful that you and Phillip were here and the entire family was together for Thanksgiving. Can't wait for the Christmas holidays! :) Love your holiday blog header!

Nicole said...

It was AWESOME!!!!! We had so much fun with ya'll and are so THANKFUL that you were here!