12.14.2010

A special doll...just in time for Christmas.

I received a special gift today from a colleague...a matryoshka doll which is a Russian nesting doll.This gift meant a lot to me because my colleague and his wife just returned from Russia after adopting their second son. They already have a 4 year old son from Russia and have been patiently waiting to give him a younger brother. He is 2 years old and they are blessed to have him home just in time for Christmas!

I have been fortunate to be a small part of their journey because I have notarized all of their adoption paperwork--which as you might expect, is A LOT of paperwork. Of course, I felt honored to do it and excited to hear about the process. The process is definitely quite a roller coaster full of ups and downs that can come unexpectedly--it requires patience, diligence, perseverance and faith---I'm just so thrilled that everything has worked out for them in the end.

It makes me emotional because I can't think of a better Christmas gift than to have your family complete---those two boys are so lucky to have such wonderful parents and a loving home to be raised in, they are going to have such a great life!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Awesome story...and special gift!