12.13.2010

Trimming the tree...

Ok, well sort of:). We have a mini tree this year because we are waiting until the after-holiday sales to purchase a "good" artificial tree. I debated and debated but then decided to be practical and just wait. We decorated the rest of the house and since we will be in Louisiana for almost a week, I figured it would be okay to wait until next year for our big tree.


Our mini tree...Father Christmas which was hand-made by my Mimi (my grandmother)...it is very special to me...


The fireplace in the living room...
The fireplace in the den...
As you can see, Buddy has the best stocking...I need to get ours monogrammed:).


The Christmas china...

The dining room table...

My mom made these adorable Christmas pillows for us so we have them placed around the house too...
I love decorating for Christmas! Well, I actually love decorating for anything. I do think that my Christmas decor will evolve over time but I love how warm, cozy and festive that our home feels right now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Everything looks great - fireplaces, dining room table and even the mini Christmas tree. I like how Father Christmas greets you when you come in the front door. Looking forward to your Christmas visit. Love, Mom