
One of my Nashville friends, Amy is going through something so devastating. Her 2 1/2 year old daughter, Grace was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL) this past Sunday, March 13th.
I CANNOT IMAGINE HOW SHE FEELS.
This was only after a week of normal on/off fever, paleness, lack of appetite and lethargy---symptoms that most toddlers have when they have a virus. I cannot fathom going from that to the news that your child has leukemia. Every time I attempt to talk or write about it, I'm fighting back the tears.
It has obviously weighed on me heavily the past few days and its hard to find any comfort in why things like this happen. Especially to someone who struggled with multiple miscarriages and infertility over the course of SEVERAL years...Grace truly is a miracle child in many ways.
And, now this...
I'm posting this so that you can please include this family in your prayers. Normally, I don't ask things like this but I feel so compelled because seeing a child that small in so much pain, so confused and with no capacity for understanding, is just horrific.
They did surgery yesterday to put a port in to administer the chemo through. Currently, the plan is to administer chemo for the next month in the hospital (Vanderbilt Children's Hospital) and then once a week for the next 3 years.
This family's life has literally changed OVER NIGHT. They will be living in a hospital room for the next month and as you can imagine, nothing else in life seems remotely important right now.
Amy is obviously NOT doing well. After the initial shock wore off (I'm sure some of it is still there), she is now dealing with the extreme worries and anxiety that would be expected.
The only thing that has kept her going is the overwhelming love and support that she is receiving from friends, family and even strangers. It helps so much to know that you have people willing to help you face a battle of this magnitude.
Her family has set up a site to keep everyone updated:
http://www.facebook.com/l/
Please add them to your prayers. I think they need all the prayers they can get.
1 comment:
5'2" ain't so bad:)
love ya.
Post a Comment