5.19.2011

A dinner and a doggie bag

Wow, I can't believe it has been ONE year! In some ways, this year has gone by in the blink of an eye and in other ways, it seems like we have been married forever because our relationship feels like home to me. I don't want to launch into some cheesy post about love but I will say that I'm so grateful to be in a relationship that provides fulfillment, respect, adoration, friendship, compassion, balance, strength and laughter. I couldn't ask for more.
We kept our anniversary low-key and just had a nice dinner in Nashville...of course, we had to bring a doggie bag home to our beloved "Buddy"...
As soon as we got home and he saw the bag, he started going crazy. I don't know how he knew but he certainly knew that he was in for a treat.
Look at Buddy's face, he was salivating while waiting for Phillip to prepare his filet. So funny...

I think he engulfed everything in 10 seconds...

Phillip mixed it in with his food but Buddy cracks us up because he always leaves 2 peas (as we call them) from his dog food that he doesn't like...this was no exception. He's like his parents, no one in the Mize family likes peas:).

It was a great anniversary dinner and we plan to continue the celebration today with some crawfish!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SO funny about the peas! I've noticed that too when staying at your house. Buddy/Howie is a lucky dog to have such thoughtful parents; and the two of you are lucky, not only to have Buddy but to have each other. Happy Anniversary and many more!