7.18.2011

Parent Time!

I love when my parents come to visit. We had a fun weekend--nothing special, just a nice weekend together. We fit in some shopping and lots of eating:).

On Thursday night, we had delicious BBQ shrimp made by my mom-YUM! She brought some enormous shrimp that my uncle gets from his "seafood connection" and they were awesome.

My mom and I also experimented with the chalk paint that everyone is talking about. It's so cool! I totally recommend it. We started small with just doing a mirror and side table but it's pretty addicting. I'm looking around my house now trying to figure out what I can/should paint. We used the popular paris grey color which is so smooth and pretty...


On Saturday, we went to my great uncle's girlfriend's birthday party (mouthful) and out to dinner. Unfortunately, my parents had to leave Sunday morning but I spent the day getting ready to host 2 couples for some good ole nawlins roast beef poboys. Since my parents were able to bring the ever-so-yummy reising bread with them, it was the perfect time to have some friends over and cook some roast.


Our friends were from all different places (Houston, St. Louis, Cincinnati, and Wyoming) but they all seemed to love their poboy.

Hope everyone had a nice weekend too!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We enjoyed spending time with you, Phillip, and Buddy and are looking forward to our next visit. Miss you!!

Tricia said...

Post pictures of your chalk paint experiments. I haven't heard of it.