11.23.2011

29 weeks





How Far Along:
29 Weeks
Size of babies:
About the size of a butternut squash
Maternity Clothes:
I still wear the occasional dress that is non-maternity and things like yoga pants, etc. I really didn't buy all that many maternity clothes so I'm shocked that I've been able to make do with what I have. I did borrow a bunch of solid GAP BODY type tops from a friend and I have like 4 good dresses and those Old Navy maxi skirts that I just wear over and over again. I've been getting real in touch with my accessories lately:). It's the only way to change things up! I also wear lots of those non-maternity sweater/cotton open shrugs--I'm so glad that those are popular right now.
Gender:
We are not finding out. Can't wait for the surprise(s)!
Movement:
They are definitely moving, flipping, break dancing, tumbling, etc. Right now, they seem to be most active after I eat. I love feeling them move--so cool!
Sleep:
Still not so great but that's ok. Actually, I may have noticed a slight improvement in this area. It's like my body finally decided to get comfortable sleeping on my left side.
What I miss: Sleeping on my stomach, sushi, steaming hot baths, picking up Buddy, exercising (I don't really miss anything too much because I'm so excited:)).
Food Cravings:
I am finding that I still crave more sweet stuff than salty stuff. This is definitely a change for me. Before pregnancy, I would definitely grab a salty snack and could resist sweets but it seems to be opposite now. I also crave a lot of cereal which I hardly ever ate before. I'm currently stuck on multi-grain cheerios.
Symptoms:
I feel really good and very thankful.
Best Moment of this past week:
3rd Trimester!!!! Yay! We also had 2 good doctors appointments. One with my regular OB and one with a Fetal Maternal Specialist just to double check on everything. I feel like we are in really good hands. From this point on, I will see each of them weekly to access things like blood flow, growth, etc. It's very comforting knowing that I'm being watched this closely from here until the babies decide to make their debut. I have total faith in both doctors and I know that they are checking everything possible to make sure these babies are thriving. This has helped put my stress level at ease. As Phillip put it "You will not go more than 4 days without seeing a doctor, that's pretty phenomenal healthcare". I find so much comfort in that. Also, making it to the 3rd trimester is so reassuring--most babies that are born at this point do really well, thanks to the wonderful advances of neonatal care these days. Of course, I want them to stay in AS LONG AS POSSIBLE but since I'm a worrier, it's good to know that we are slowly reaching some pretty big milestones.

On a less serious note, we had our last shower on Friday night. It was another Couples Shower and it was so much fun! I was able to meet tons of Phillip's new colleagues which was great. I think everyone had a really good time and boy, did we make out with some loot!!! We are very fortunate to have such wonderful friends who are making this time in our lives very special.
Looking Forward to next week:
Although I'm sad that we won't be spending Thanksgiving in Mandeville with family, I'm really looking forward to doing NOTHING for a few days and just taking it easy. The last month has been a whirlwind and the month of December will likely be the same--I can't believe these babies will be here in less than 2 months. Time is flying bye...I'm trying to cherish every minute. Phillip's dad and girlfriend are coming up on Thanksgiving Day to spend the day with us. One thing is for sure, I'm NOT cooking--haha!!! We saw this deal at Cracker Barrel where you can pick up complete Thanksgiving dinners and that is my vote at this point:).

1 comment:

Davis and Suzanne said...

YEAH 3rd TRimster!! YOU DID IT!!!!!
Eat lots of yummy stuff for Thanksgiving...one of the perks being prego:) Love you!