
How Far Along: 31 Weeks Size of babies: About the size of 4 oranges (so, I guess 8 oranges for me, WOW)
Maternity Clothes: It's getting cold here! I'm still loving yoga pants, leggings and maxi skirts--trying to make those look acceptable for work is kinda interesting:). They are just the most comfortable by far. I have maternity jeans but by the end of the day, I feel like they are cutting off my circulation. At least, I'm getting to wear the coat that I bought.
Gender: We are not finding out. Can't wait for the surprise(s)!
Movement: They are definitely moving, flipping, break dancing, tumbling, etc. Right now, they seem to be most active after I eat or in the middle of the night. Go figure, they are preparing me for the lack of sleep to come:). I love feeling them move--it's my favorite thing.
Sleep: Actually, I may have noticed a slight improvement in this area. It's like my body finally decided to get comfortable sleeping on my left side. It's funny because I started out using 3 pillows and now I think I'm up to 5. Pretty soon, there will be no room in the bed for Phillip:). What I miss: Sleeping on my stomach, sushi, steaming hot baths, picking up Buddy, exercising (I don't really miss anything too much because I'm so excited:)). Food Cravings: Still eating lots of clementines and drinking a minimum of 100 ounces of water a day. I could seriously float away but I'm told that dehydration brings on preterm labor and I'm determined to do everything in my control to keep that away. Symptoms: I feel really good and very thankful. I guess my newest noticeable symptom is my itchy stomach. I'm slathering on serious amounts of cocoa butter every chance I get and trying my best not to scratch because it could drive you nuts. But hey, if that's the worst thing, life isn't too bad, right??!!! I'm also starting to get a little swollen but nothing too bad so far. Best Moment of this past week: We had a great appointment with the fetal maternal specialist. In fact, it was so great that they don't need to see me for 3 more weeks which is so comforting. I will still see my regular OB weekly until the end (and then probably twice a week as we get really close).
Looking Forward to next week: Tonight, one of my dear friends from Atlanta is in town and coming over with her precious newborn little boy (born on my birthday in September, so cool:)) My parents are coming in town tomorrow -yay! Their visits always excite me. We are all going to the Titans/Saints game on Sunday which should be fun. We also have another Christmas dinner to go to which will be nice.
Next week is a big milestone--32 weeks! The first really big one was 29 weeks, then 32 weeks, then 35 weeks. Of course, I would love to hit them all but making it this far is a blessing in itself. Many twins are born at 32 weeks--yes, they will spend time in the NICU but they will be fine. I still want to make it much further along, it's just reassuring that we've gotten to this point. I'm really holding out to reach my goal of 37 weeks (of course, this is totally out of my control but I like to set my goals high:).
1 comment:
It is good to have high goals- and without a doubt you are doing everything in your control to reach it. The rest is out of your hands! You are already being a fabulous Mom to those two babies!
Hang in there...Miss ya'll and can't wait to see you!
Post a Comment