1.13.2012

Our first week with Mae and Mac





Wow, what a whirlwind it has been! These are days that I will never forget. I can't believe it has already been a week since the babies were born. I still feel like I'm living in the best dream that could ever be created. I'm happier than I've ever been and I feel so blessed to have two beautiful, healthy babies--I'm not taking one second for granted.

Now, I can't pretend that I haven't already had my moments. It can be hard when you are an amateur at something. I'm starting to gain confidence with the wonderful help of my parents and my sister plus I'm starting to feel better which is huge. I felt really awful those first few days due to the messed up spinal block situation and the dramatic drop in hormones so I'm really feeling like myself again.


Mac is settling in at home and Phillip sees Mae every day. I try to see her at least every day but since I can't drive and I don't want to take Mac out in the 20 degree snow weather, I've got to go when I can. I'm looking forward to seeing her tonight. She lost some initial weight at birth (as they tell me that most babies do) but she is now on the up and up. She is up to 3 lbs, 13 ounces and she's eating well. I'm trying to stay optimistic that we can have her home within 2 more weeks.


I love visiting her in the NICU but I still get emotional every time I leave her. I know she is in excellent hands and I want her to thrive so that she can be home and healthy but I just hate leaving her there. I know I will look back sometime and this will be one of those seasons in life that I barely remember.


So, I'm focusing on all the positives-- the most of all...I'm a MOM! I'm loving every minute and I can't believe that we have 2 healthy babies that we get to worry about for the rest of our lives:) (haha) I'm blessed with the opportunity.

No comments: