2.19.2012

6-7 Week Update

There really isn't too much new going on. We are still working on our sleep routine at night and at this point, the twins have shifted roles--I think that is the way it is with twins. If only both could have a good night on the same night- that would be glorious! It used to be that Mae would wake up in the night but now Mac does.

Mae has a bad fussy period every night from around 8-10 pm. After the 10pm feeding, she does pretty well. Mac does great during this time and through the 10pm feeding but then he is the one that wakes up first typically around 1:00-1:30 am. So, we still aren't making it longer than a 3 hour stretch. Then, he usually wakes up again 3 hours later, sometimes we get 4 hours and he'll make it to 5 am. I keep thinking that one of these days, we'll go to bed and all of the sudden they will make it 5 hours straight but that day hasn't arrived yet. If anyone has any tips to facilitate this, please send them my way!

I'm not sure if preemies are different because they are somewhat delayed but I'm hoping the sleep begins to stretch out more over the next few weeks. They are both growing and healthy and I have plenty of friends who had 6 pound babies that could go longer than 3 hours--so, here's hoping!

At least, when I'm sleep deprived, these are the faces that I'm lucky to get to see. They make it all worth it. They make me smile and laugh so much.

Mae in her sleep deprived position from her 8-10 pm "happy hour"...
Mac watching the Celtics with his dad and sporting his green pacifier (in honor of the Celtics:))...

Sweet boy...ready to eat!

Sweet girl with a full belly and starting to feel sleepy...

No comments: