We are 5 weeks old! Also, we have passed my official due date of February 8th. We went to the pediatrician today and here are the stats:
Mae- 6 lbs, 3 ounces
Mac- 8 lbs
I actually underestimated their weight which I'm glad. But, the funny thing is, in my previous post, I listed the weights that each would've been had they gone a full 40 weeks and it was almost spot on!
Both babies are doing great. Mae is still really small but the doctor said she is doing great--she's growing fine but Mac is just growing above average so it makes her seem even smaller. She just started at such a small weight so it will take awhile for her to catch up or she might always be petite, we'll see:).
We are starting to go through a little fussy phase--Mac is really gassy and Mae likes to yell from around 11:30 pm-1:00 am but for the most part, I think they are really content babies and I know it could be a lot worse. So, I will definitely count my blessings.
I absolutely love being a mom even though the bags under my eyes don't love it. It's all worth it. Even at 1:00 am when you feel like chugging a bottle of wine after listening to yelling for an hour, you take one look at their face and it really does melt your heart. As my friend Erin says, "it's the best of time and the worst of times at the same time". She is so right! But I have been waiting for this time for quite awhile so I wouldn't trade a minute. I don't want to rush time because then it will mean that they won't be babies for too long and so as crazy as I feel at times, I truly am living in the present and trying to cherish it all (like it or not--hahaha)!
No comments:
Post a Comment