2.05.2012

Personalities...

I hate to already label our kids but their little personalities seem to be developing already. We'll see if they stay true to what we are seeing right now.

I'm sure they will continue to evolve but I want to capture what we are seeing with the best descriptions that I can:

MAE (a.k.a. Ninja-Diva, Peanut, Little Bit, Mae Mae, Miss Mae, etc.)
She is so funny! Seriously, I don't know what it is but she makes me laugh ALL THE TIME. She has the most hysterical facial expressions that look almost sarcastic or snobby but in a really funny way. She also seems to like to sleep during the day and party all night. Boy, are we going to have our hands full! Every night (like clockwork) she decides to be WIDE awake from like 12:30-1:30 a.m. and fuss. There is nothing wrong. I go into their room and look at her in the crib and she is just staring back at me completely WIDE-EYED. Her diaper has been changed, she's not hungry yet, I don't hear gas pains--she simply doesn't want to sleep. We had a photo shoot for the twins a week or so ago and it was a little scary how comfortable she was posing nude for the camera. Seriously LIKE A PRO. Phillip and I joke about this constantly but with some mild parental concern at the same time:).

MAC (a.k.a. Mac Man, Our man, etc.--he doesn't have as many nicknames yet)
He is such a sweetheart. He is easy going, laid back and so huggable. Now, he will let out some cries or fuss when his stomach is bothering him or when he needs to burp but for the most part, he is just a very content little man already. He also makes me laugh in different ways but he is so cuddly that I just want to snuggle with him constantly. When Mae starts her nightly midnight rendezvous, he just lays there right next to her (they are in the same crib) and sleeps or just looks around totally un-phased by her crying. It's almost like he has baby-wised himself. With minimal effort, he already seems to follow the feed, wake, sleep pattern. He seems like he's mature for being a preemie. He lifts his head a lot already, tries to help get his burps out and he seems incredibly strong for his gestational age at this point. He is definitely ALL BOY- he lets out gas rather loudly, loves to sleep and hates taking a bath. I can already tell that he will never date a girl that I will think will be good enough for him:).

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Miss them tons and counting down the days until we I get to see them again and they meet their cousins and uncle! We are so excited!