2.24.2012

7 week update

7 weeks! Wow, so hard to believe. We are still working on our sleep and actually I think we've made a little progress. Last night, they made it until 2:15 am and Mae woke up first. Mac was still sleeping so maybe he would've gone longer but with twins, you've got to go ahead and feed them both or you would never do anything in life but feed:). I keep hoping that they begin to stretch this night feeding out longer in the next couple of weeks. I have several friends that say that all of the sudden it happened at 8 weeks. I don't want to get my hopes up but every night when I go to sleep, I think this could be the night:).

We went back to the doc to get weighed...the stats:


Mae- 7 pounds, 1 ounce


Mac- 9 pounds, 4 ounces


While they are both still small for 7 week olders, they have almost doubled their birth weight and are gaining over an ounce a day on average. The doctor said this is great so I was very pleased. Next time we go back is on March 14th for their 2 month wellness visit and vaccines..ugh, I'm nervous about that visit. Although, I'm sure vaccines will be worse when they are toddlers.
In general, I would say we are blessed to have two babies that are relatively content most of the time. They definitely have their fussy periods but nothing like other people I know have had to deal with (including my mom and sister) so I'm feeling fortunate. And, they are even starting to smile some! (not gas smiles but real smiles) It's so darn cute.

I've started to get more bold with taking them places. I've been to the mall twice by myself, to the doctor several times and then Phillip and I have been out to eat a few times with them as well. People are so nice when I'm with them by myself. I guess they see me and this enormous double stroller and they give me so much attention. Asking questions, opening doors, etc. Very sweet...I love when perfect strangers are so kind, makes me think the world isn't as selfish as it seems sometimes:).
I want to relish in this now because I don't think people are nearly as endearing when they see you approaching with twin toddlers. I'm pretty sure no one will want the table next to us in a restaurant.

We have a relatively low key weekend ahead and I'm so excited to be headed to Louisiana next week. There are SO MANY people that I want M&M to meet. My dad is a saint to fly in and ride there with me. It's going to be a long ride but I just keep thinking about how great it will be once I get there. And, I know I will get to catch up on some sleep since I'll have some helpers. Of course, when I think about starting to pack, I seriously don't know how everything will fit in my car. I'm going to be rolling in with stuff falling out of the car when you open the doors. All worth it though! Looking forward to it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We can't wait to see you either! Uncle Jared and Uncle David are as excited as Mac and Mae's cousins. David even offered to do a night feeding. Guess he has lots of practice. :)
I hope M&M are good travelers so you will come back often.