I try to feel "thankful" everyday but some days it is easier than others. Last night (or rather early this morning), Mac decided to start "talking" around 3am. I checked the video monitor and he was WIDE awake. His "talking" kept growing louder and louder with some added-in fussing so I tried to give him the paci, and "shhhhh" him back to sleep (so he wouldn't wake his sister) but he was ready to play. I wish I could've picked him up but I knew it would be best to just leave him in the crib and walk back out. Eventually, he would fall back asleep.
Finally around 4:30 am, he started to doze off. As is EXTREMELY typical in the world of twins (probably one of the biggest challenges), at approximately 4:30am as Mac is beginning to snooze, Mae decides it is her turn. And her "happy hour" brought us until wake time and the start of our day.
So, it would be easy on a day like today (being awake since 3am), getting up, getting dressed and going to work to feel less than cheery. But, I can't explain it, I'm just so thankful and happy. Despite the sleep deprivation, I just couldn't imagine life any other way. I don't want to get too sappy but I want M&M to be able to read this one day and know how blessed I feel to have them in our lives. Of course, Phillip and Buddy made me happy long before M&M were even in the picture but now I just feel so fortunate to have the little family that we have. I knew that I would love being a mom. It's something that I always
dreamed about but it's even so much better than I could've imagined.
I think the adrenaline or "natural high" that our babies bring me is just more empowering than anything I've ever experienced. I want to cherish it always. I hear stories on a daily basis about what others are going through and it certainly puts things in perspective. I am beyond fortunate at this point in my life and I don't take one second of it for granted--even if that "second" occurs in the middle of the night!
1 comment:
Great post!! So true!
Post a Comment