Mac's First Injury- June 24, 2012
As I mentioned in my earlier post, we had a great weekend with SuSu & G for the twins' dedication. However, there was one "bump" in the road. And since I'm using this as a scrapbook, it's only fair that I include Mac's first real injury.
It's still surprising how he managed to do this but he was in his car seat (not strapped in) because we had just gotten home from brunch and we were going to take him out to change his clothes. The car seat was sitting on our living room ottoman (aka coffee table) and somehow, Mac flipped himself out of the car seat like he was trying to roll over while inside the car seat, literally went airborne and hit the back of his head HARD on the hardwood floors. I'm actually glad that I didn't see it happen. SuSu & G caught the tail end of it but it was too late to do anything, he had already hit the floor at that point. Poor little guy.
He got quite a large bump right away but we were able to keep ice on it and it never swelled too bad. The bump was the least of my concerns, I was more worried about him having a concussion. Phillip called one of his closest friends Dr. Reddy and once he finished his rounds at the hospital, he came by and checked Mac out. He looked him over and felt like he was going to be perfectly fine and told us which signs to watch for.
Mac was a little fussy (or irritable) for the rest of yesterday but understandably so, I'm sure he had a massive headache. Today's he's having a good day, just kinda sleepy. I'm so thankful that he is ok. I know that I will get used to MANY bumps as the mother of a boy but it was hard to see the first one. I think we all learned a lesson about how mobile they are becoming already and how much our world is about to change. Yikes!
On a totally separate note, Bennett actually suffered a bump in his head yesterday too-- so ironic, even the cross cousin twins are in tune with each other! I'm just glad that both of our little guys are ok.
1 comment:
Poor little man...the first one is always the worst! Glad he is ok...maybe he is hard headed like his cousin Bennett....they are so much alike, not only the way they look but their personalities. You describing Mack sounded just like B. Can't wait to see them both at the beach. We are counting down the days we miss them so much!
Post a Comment