![]() |
| Such a happy boy--he LOVES people so he was in his element for sure. |
![]() |
| The D.I.V.A. |
M&M's first 4th of July!
We had a low-key 4th of July and just decided to grill out at home and have some fun family time. That morning, we went to our one of our favorite neighbors house for some breakfast/brunch and Mac and Mae loved all of the attention that they got. Mac was flirting with all the ladies and Mae was playing it cool in her sunglasses. So fun!
It's funny because I was reflecting back to July 4th last year and how starkly different it has been and what a difference a year makes.
Last July 4th, we had a grill out at our house for about 20 friends and all walked to the U2 concert that was held at Vanderbilt's Stadium. Everyone was enjoying some summer cocktails and having a great time--little did they know that I was hiding a pretty big secret. I was about 8 weeks pregnant! We didn't tell anyone (other than family) until we reached the 12 week mark and I didn't tell my employer until I was 5 months preggers--isn't that crazy?! The concert was pretty awesome for everyone (other than me).
It was really hot, loud and crowded--with tons of drinking--definitely not the scene for someone 2 months pregnant with twins and trying to hide it. So, I actually ended up heading home early :). I think I may have scared Phillip a little that night even though I promised I would NOT be a high maintenance pregnant woman for the next 8 months but that simply was not my scene. We went to plenty of concerts during my pregnancy (at the Ryman) which was fun, quaint and not as wild. I was fortunate to go on to have a fantastic twin pregnancy in which I felt pretty darn good all of the time. When I look back and think about the fact that I had ZERO morning sickness, I know I was really lucky. But, this night does stick out in my mind for some reason.
Fast forward one year and I can't believe how amazing it feels to have our babies here. And, already 6 months old! I truly could not imagine life any other way and I can't imagine not having a "Mac" and a "Mae"---things just seem to fall into place the way they are supposed to sometimes.
I hope everyone had a happy, fun 4th!


No comments:
Post a Comment