8.09.2012

31 weeks old

You looking at me?!

Happy boy seeing food coming his way...

C'mon Dad...

yay, carrots!
look what I can do!

Growing up too fast...
Our big man doing some morning reading...


EATING-  So far so good!  M&M are eating 3 meals a day, drinking 5 bottles--we've added pears, apples and green beans. Probably time for something new next week. I don't have a comparison but I think they've done really well. They eat everything that we put in front of them. Phillip says that he promised them that they don't have to eat peas but I'm thinking maybe they will as babies and then once they are old enough to know the difference, then he can keep his promise:).  Clearly, he must have been scarred by peas as a young tot! Candidly, I don't like peas either so I can't blame him.

SLEEPING-  We have been doing pretty well here. I wish they would sleep a little later in the morning but I'm not complaining. We start the bedtime routine at 7pm...change into night clothes, read 2 stories, bottle then bed. So, they are down before 8pm and we try not to go into the nursery until 6am (although, often times Mac wakes up sooner and just "talks" in his crib). I have friends who say their babies sleep for 12 hours from 7am to 7pm but the Mize babies definitely aren't doing that but I feel like I'm happy with where they are right now for their age. The nap schedule seems to be shaping up well too.


ACTIVITIES-They just want interaction constantly and I can't blame them!  They love being talked to, read to, etc. Last night, I was trying to entertain them after dinner so I was doing the running man and they thought it was hilarious. Of course, I looked like a fool but hey, I loved seeing them laugh at me:).

MILESTONES- They can both basically sit up even though they don't really know it so we keep the boppys behind them for support. Mac is more sturdy but Mae is making great progress. She falls forward but lifts herself back up. Considering her weight is in the 3rd percentile, height is in the 10th and her head is in the 70th---that's a big head to hold up on such a petite body!  So, I think she's doing well.  Mac's teeth still haven't popped out yet but he's drooling heavily so I'm sure it's a matter of time.


COMING UP NEXT- Nothing big coming up, just a typical weekend--hopefully, getting together with some friends and just enjoying hanging out.

No comments: