10.16.2012

9 month old wellness check-up

Today was the twins 9 month old wellness exam- I can't believe it!  We had a great appointment-- our doctor does a really thorough job of going through everything that "should" be going on, everything that "is" going on and what is on the horizon.  He has a very laid back but candid approach that I like more and more each time we visit with him--and, he never rushes us (which I love)!  He said they both look fantastic and I feel blessed to have two healthy babies.

Here are the stats:

Mae
15 pounds, 13 ounces (5th percentile)
26 inches long (5th percentile)
18 head circumference (90th percentile)

Mac
20 pounds, 5.5 ounces (50th percentile)
29 1/2 inches long (85th percentile)
18 1/4 head circumference (80th percentile)

Funny story...M&M both had to get 3 shots (1 was the 2nd round of the flu shot) and 1 finger prick to check for anemia. Both of them handled the finger prick with no problem but both wanted to lick the band aid since they are constantly putting everything in their mouths anyway. Well, we noticed blood on Mae's outfit and her face and quickly realized that she is quite the bleeder (I actually think I tend to bleed excessively too) and so, the nurse came back in, cleaned her finger up again and put on a tighter more restrictive band aid.  She still wanted to eat it so we decided to put a sock over her hand like a mitten. Oh my word, it was so funny!  After that point, she was perfectly happy but held her arm in a paralyzed way as if she was wearing a cast.  She wouldn't move it almost like it was just too heavy and hard :).  Is this foreshadowing for a drama queen that we will have on our hands?

Check out the pic...she's a funny little thing...

No comments: