7.27.2008

Reunion in Chicago...

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

We had an absolutely fabulous weekend in Chicago. First of all, Chicago is such a beautiful place to visit (especially this time of year) but best of all, I was able to see friends that I haven't seen in over 20 years. How can you top that??!

When our family lived in Houston for 5 years, we became great friends with several families in our neighborhood...we called our little group "Lunch Bunch" because we would go to each others' houses to play, eat lunch and take a nap (while giving the other mom's a break on that day). The kids were friends and the parents were friends so naturally, it worked out well.

Jennie, Marisa, Jeff and I were the "Lunch Bunch". Jeff didn't make the trip but Marisa flew in from San Diego (where she lives now) and Jennie flew in from Dallas (where she lives now)...all of the parents came too so we spent the weekend catching up on old memories and creating new ones!!!!














This is Friday night when we all met up. Marisa brought tons of awesome pictures from the "good ole days". We couldn't stop laughing--she had pictures from tee-ball, birthday parties, talent shows, cheerleading, and so on...it was so fun to reminisce...















Marissa, Mo and Jennie watching fireworks over Lake Michigan...















Mom and Dad!


















The Cubs game on Saturday...















Former LSU player, Ryan Theriot...












Former LSU player on deck, Mike Fontenot...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It really was a great trip! Not only was it great to see our "peers" but awesome to see what beautiful and accomplished women the lunch bunch girls have become. Love, Mom

Ashley, Brandon, Jack, and Millie Sellers said...

It looks like ya'll had so much fun! I can't wait to hear all about it. I love the collages that you did. Love and miss you!

Ashley