12.14.2009

Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes and Yes!

I think that is the number of times that I answered when Phillip asked me to MARRY him yesterday!!!!!!!

I couldn't be happier....

I want to call everyone personally but in the meantime, I would love to share the story...so, here goes:

Awhile back we decided to have some pictures taken by a friend who is a professional photographer since we have ZERO pictures together...our little photo shoot was yesterday. About halfway through the photo shoot we sat down on a bench. The photographer told us that she needed a second to adjust her lens...well, right then, Phillip holds out a box and says "I thought you might want to wear this for the rest of the pictures", then he asked me to marry him :). Of course, I'm crying and the coolest thing ever is that Phillip had prearranged this with the photographer so, her lens adjustment was fake and she was focused in and ready to go at that moment...we will have tons of pictures of the actual moment that it happened. I can't wait to see them! Although, I told the photographer that she will need to photoshop off the mascara running down my face from the happy tears!

Anyway, we then continued our celebration by going to the Titans game...it was a very special day...something that I have been looking forward to for quite some time now :)...I guess it really does go to show that some of the best things in life are worth waiting for! I really couldn't be happier...

We haven't talked about any plans yet but we do plan to have a pretty short engagement---I will keep you posted on everything!

7 comments:

Davis and Suzanne said...

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So happy for yall!!!!

Anonymous said...

Yay! Daniel and I are SO HAPPY for yall! I can't wait to see you guys!

Love,
Steph

Theresa Miller said...

That's wonderful news! I'm so happy for you guys!
-Theresa Miller

dianne fields said...

first comes a ceremony..then comes TWINS!..get BUSY MO!!! you can't let Nicole and I down! You must carry on the tradition! Sorry to Mr. and Mrs. Legendre if you are reading this! :)

Tricia said...

Congrats!!!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations, Monique!!!!!!!! I"m SO happy for you! I hope he knows what a lucky guy he is:) Merry Christmas! Love, Ms. Julie

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you!!! Elizabeth Lewis