5.04.2011

Making something old into something new...

Obviously, I love anything creative--which includes home decor. And, I like finding unusual things at random places like the flea market, salvage stores, etc. I guess I get that from my Mimi (my grandmother), she likes "treasure hunts"! It must run in our family because my Mom and Nicole do this too and I LOVE their home decor.
So, my recent project were these chairs. They were in my grandfather's accounting office for like 20 or 30 years. Since he has finally completely retired, they were up f
or grabs. I was excited to "inherit" them. In fact, I owe it to my mom--she saw them and thought that I would really like them so she kinda tagged them for me. I got them reupholstered in a white linen fabric and I'm so excited about how they turned out.
Unfortunately, I didn't take a before picture but they were origin
ally a navy blue-ish leather. I'm excited to have these special chairs that will always remind me of my grandpa and that are literally one of a kind. I love the classic look of the nail heads along with the neutral linen. I can't imagine these chairs ever going out of style.
The picture is kinda blurry (taken from my phone) but I have them at the foot of our bed right now. I think they are really versatile and could go almost anywhere. They would look great in a living room, office, den, etc. I could see them placed together as pictured in the
se sample rooms that I like...

Making something old into something n
ew is so much fun. (it's also very cost effective:)).

2 comments:

Nicole said...

They look awesome!!!!! You are so right....you will have them forever!

Anonymous said...

I am sure Mimi and Grandpa are happy that you will have them to enjoy. They really look even better than the picture because you can't see the nailheads.