![]() |
| Getting ready for a walk... |
![]() |
| Happy boy... |
![]() |
| Happy girl... |
![]() |
| Practicing sitting up and playing... |
SLEEPING- I wish I could say that our little Mac man was improving but he still wakes up twice a night on average. Most of the time, he goes back to sleep pretty quickly but I still get up every time and I would LOVE for that to improve. I don't know what it is, it's like his body clock just goes off and he needs some reassurance to go back to sleep. I'm beginning to feel like this should be getting better considering they are almost 5 months old but I've learned it depends on who you talk to:). We still haven't really solidified a structured nap routine yet and their pediatrician said that we can begin to work on it but don't spend a ton of time forcing it quite yet. They still nap a bunch during the day, it just doesn't occur at specific intervals and currently they don't nap in their cribs. I wanted them to be able to nap in a less than perfect environment so they nap downstairs with lights on, noise, Buddy barking, the dishwasher running, etc. Also, I wanted to be sure they knew the difference between day and night.
ACTIVITIES-They are both really loving attention and trying to sit up and make noises. It's so fun how responsive they are becoming.
MILESTONES- They are starting to smile at each other which is adorable. I feel like they just look "older" to me which kinda makes me sad. I will always picture them as babies even though time is moving so fast.
COMING UP NEXT- I always look forward to the weekend to spend more time with them. I miss them terribly while I'm at work but I've gotten back into a groove and I've learned to appreciate the work/life balance for what it's worth. And, I just try to make the most of the time that we do spend together---quality not quantity, right?! Fortunately, I have a fairly flexible job and I work 8 minutes from the house so I get to and from work very quickly.
We might take them to a concert in the park on Sunday...other than that, we don't have any major plans coming up which I'm totally happy about.




2 comments:
Can't wait to see them. They are growing up to fast - I want to put the brakes on! Almost sitting up; next they will be crawling!
Love the updates! Can't wait to hold them!
Post a Comment