9.05.2012

Personality Update- 8 months old

 January 5, 2012- September 5, 2012

Currently, at 8 months old...these little personalities are keeping us smiling every day.
Posing in her new hat that our friend Carrie brought over as a gift.
MAE...What a funny little girl!  I'm sure every parent thinks this but I feel like she is really smart (Mac too but in a different way).  She seems to have a great deal of focus and concentration. It amazes me how long she can sit and play independently while remaining perfectly content. She seems pretty meticulous and cautious in her actions like she really thinks things through (already!). Although she is more subtle, she definitely likes people, wants to be talked to and wants attention. She's just not quite as obvious about it as her brother but she is becoming much more verbal. It's funny because there are a lot of things about her that remind me of Elise but then she also has this side that makes me think of Lila too.  She has learned how to do a fake cry when you leave the room or stop giving her attention which is kinda scary at this age but I also have to admit that it's pretty cute (...for now :)). She seems to do it more heavily for her dad but we all know that she already has him wrapped so it makes perfect sense. It will be fun to see how her little sweet and spicy sides continue to develop.


MAC...All I can say is, happy boy!  For the most part. Typically, if he's not happy, there is a good reason for it and that's pretty much been consistent for him for the last few months.  He is usually trying to communicate something when he's fussing and sometimes I have an easier time figuring it out than others. We have some concerns that he might be fearless or a daredevil because he doesn't seem very cautious--he's like one big muscle. But, that might just be because he's definitely "all boy". He's really strong and curious but I would say that I could see how he will be focused on things like jumping and climbing while Mae might be more interested in reading and figuring things out. He definitely wants to MOVE a lot more than his sister. When I say he is all boy, I can't not include this story...the other day, he was sitting on the floor playing and within about 10 seconds, he tried to rip off his diaper, scratched "himself", passed gas, burped and then laughed. I mean...seriously???!!!!  I don't think that can even be taught at this point...nature over nurture, for sure.

We couldn't be happier or more in love with these two monkeys---they are the greatest things ever.


1 comment:

Nicole said...

LOVE IT!!! MISS THEM TONS! (AND YA'LL)