1.05.2013

ONE Years Old

There are so many thoughts running through my mind right now that I want to take a moment to write them down so M&M can understand how I'm feeling one day...

To Mae (our oldest) on her First Birthday...

You are such an amazing, sweet little girl!  I absolutely adore everything about you from your wild red hair to your beautiful grin...you are such a doll. I love how you are trying to talk and how incredibly smart you are...I feel like I'm going to learn so many things from you.  You are so meticulous, perceptive and introspective. I love the way you gently reach out to me or try to pull my hair or my necklace---it's so fun to watch how patient and deliberate you are. I love how you reserve your emotions and don't play all your cards at once. I love how subtle your actions are from stealing a toy from your brother to snuggling with your dad...you are simply delightful to be around...you truly are our Sleeping Beauty:).


To Mac (our baby) on his First Birthday...

You are the most huggable, lovable little man!  Your smile lights up the room and completely melts my heart. I love how you like to explore, figure things out and keep us on our toes. I love how animated you are and how much you communicate with your eyes. Your enthusiasm for life is so endearing and contagious. I love how you look at me after you wake up from sleeping, those big blue eyes get me every time. I love your curiosity and the fact that you DO play all your cards at once. You are so charming and know how to make people smile. You have such a fun, loving and light spirit that I already admire.

I ALWAYS knew that I wanted to be a Mom and it's even better than I expected. It's been the most rewarding, loving year of my life. I couldn't be happier, thanks to these two precious souls.  As I have said many times, on this wonderful day, January 5, 2013, we are celebrating 365 days of unconditional love, sleepless nights, trial and error, spit up, teething, over 5,000 bottles, too many diapers to count, excellent health, smiles, laughter, pure joy...BEST days of our life. Happy first birthday M&M.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You nailed it! Congrats to you and Phillip for not only surviving the first year but doing a great job! Love, Mom