9.26.2013

We've moved!

Well, almost:)...

We sold our house on Chesterfield that I love and miss but I'm SO EXCITED about our new house.  The new home has been vacant for over a year so it needed quite the cosmetic face lift.  We've chosen to reside in a furnished apartment for 30 days so that some of the major renovations will get underway---like painting, flooring, new bathroom, etc.

It will be fun to post the before and after pics once we finally get everything finished. Right now, it just looks like one big construction zone.

Apartment life has been interesting--especially since we are on the 3rd floor which means, it takes 2 people at all times to take the twins anywhere. We are SO LUCKY to have Allison who has been trapped there with them daily--she never complains, she's so flexible, just goes with the flow.  We clearly adore her.

It has been fun getting to take one of my favorite hobbies (decorating) and put it to use. I've been a mad woman on Pinterest---I've never had a chance to really make a home exactly what I wanted and this is pretty close (other than if you build obviously)...

We hope to move in October 12th and then I know it will take us awhile to get settled but one day in a few months, I'll look back at all of this with a sigh (and a glass of wine, I'm sure) and say "it was worth it:)"

I've got a billion inspiration pics and I got so excited last week to see my laundry room floor...it's amazing the things in life that excite us as we get older:). I went with a mini carrara brick because I'm doing white paint almost everywhere in the house.  Yes, I'm very daring.

Imagine this with all white built-in shelving, white washer and dryer...it's small but I think it will be pretty cute.  Also, those ugly gold hinges will be gone too and clearly, the painters tape but you get the idea...


1 comment:

Nicole Parnell said...

Can't wait to see everything!! It is going to look awesome. So excited for ya'll!