11.16.2011

28 weeks




How Far Along:
28 Weeks
Size of babies:
About the size of a Chinese cabbage
Maternity Clothes:
For the most part, I'm definitely wearing mainly maternity clothes. I'm most comfortable in leggings/dresses and maxi skirts but I do have some jeans, a pair of pants, etc. I ended up buying a coat from Old Navy because I didn't think I would be able to get through the next few months without it--as it turns out, it hasn't even been that cold yet:). I'm NOT buying anything else. I'm going to make do with what I have. Luckily, a friend let me borrow a bunch of her stuff and it has been a total life saver!
Gender: We are not finding out. Can't wait for the surprise(s)!
Movement:
They are definitely moving, flipping, break dancing, tumbling, etc. Right now, they seem to be most active after I eat. I love feeling them move--so cool!
Sleep:
Still not so great but that's ok. Actually, I may have noticed a slight improvement in this area. It's like my body finally decided to get comfortable sleeping on my left side.
What I miss:
Sleeping on my stomach, sushi, steaming hot baths, picking up Buddy, exercising (I don't really miss anything too much because I'm so excited:)).
Food Cravings:
My hearty appetite is back in full force! This weekend, I felt like my stomach was growling every 2 hours. Seriously, I was constantly in the kitchen:). I want these babies to grow! I'm still trying to make the best choices that I can to make the most of my heavy eating---things like multi-grain cereal, milk, string cheese, Greek yogurt, red pepper sticks with hummus, protein bars, fruit, things like that. I find that I do better eating small meals throughout the day in 2-3 hour intervals rather than 3 large meals. It keeps my energy up and keeps the hunger pains at bay:).
Symptoms:
I feel really good and very thankful. I guess I could say that I'm having a few more sluggish days now than I did in the previous months. For the most part, I feel like I've had GREAT energy the entire pregnancy so far. Now, I need to rest a bit more. Plus, my doctor wants me to lay down (totally off my feet) for an hour in the morning and an hour in the evening--just precautionary to get weight off my cervix. So, my fabulous employer has purchased a cot and put it in a small room on our bottom floor. If you picture me in there twice a day, it's pretty comical:). I just bring my laptop down there with me and keep working--it's slightly resembles a jail cell but I'm not complaining, it was very nice of them to accommodate my needs:).
Best Moment of this past week:
Nothing specific, just feeling happy, thankful and excited that we are getting closer and closer to meeting these babies.
Looking Forward to next week:
On Friday, we have our last shower. It's a Happy Hour, Baby Shower for Couples--should be so much fun. Can't wait!

1 comment:

Therese and Bush said...

So glad you are doing well. What a great company...cot and all. Thanks for the tummy rub suggestion. I am going to get that for a friend that is expecting as a little happy! Love checking in on you. xoxo