12.16.2011

The Nursery

I think the nursery came out really sweet. Sometimes it's hard because I picture things in my head and then it doesn't look exactly like I pictured. Luckily, I feel like the nursery looks like the serene, calm and whimsical space that I had hoped for.

I found tons of gorgeous inspiration pics from Restoration Hardware
but clearly those nurseries are not designed on a budget. They are incredible. I tried to pull some ideas from those while adding in a few of my own. Of course, I think Buddy thinks that he was my inspiration since he coordinates perfectly when lying on the rug in there :). Here are the details...
The Cribs
- I went with the classic (and very affordable:)) Jenny Lind cribs in white. We were so lucky to receive these as gifts from 2 very special couple in our lives. The Bedding- The bedding is extremely basic. I just chose white sheets with no bumper pads. I've heard this is easier and actually a bit more safe (plus, another way to save money--those things can be pricey!). The gray crib skirts, gray crib blankets and gray Boudoir pillows are all from Restoration Hardware Baby and Child.
The Changing Table
- I did an earlier post detailing my changing table project. I found the chest at the flea market and painted it with Paris Gray Annie Sloan Chalk Paint. Wall Accents- My favorite wall accent is the vintage looking sign created by my sister. It will be so special to have this on the wall created by their Aunt. I love it. I think the saying is so appropriate considering the color scheme. I also used that same gray chalk paint to paint a bunch of frames and the mirror on the wall as well as the shelf. The Glider- This glider was actually my sisters and we just had a white slipcover made for it. I think it turned out perfectly. I'm so lucky to have gotten this as a hand-me-down from her. The white blanket draped over the arm is a blanket that my mom loaned me. She used it for all 3 of her babies and changed the ribbon color to gray to coordinate. So special. The accent pillow is also from Restoration Hardware. The Accent Table- Again, I found this table at the flea market and painted it with same gray paint. I used an old lamp that I spray painted white and my mom found this lampshade (isn't it perfect?!) at Home Depot or Lowe's. Also, on the table are 2 precious lambs made by McCarty Pottery. They are so adorable and so special because they were given by such a thoughtful friend, Kate Mills.
The Rug- I needed to have some element of spunk so I went with a white cowhide rug. It has some gray variations in it so I think it goes nicely. Other Random Items- I decided to use a dough bowl to store books in on the floor and I have a large basket to use for toys one day. The curtains are just plain white (from West Elm).And now, everything all together...ta da!I think that sums it all up! Now, we just need some tenants:) But, we don't want the rent to start until the January 16-20th time frame.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Luv it! So calm and serene. Hope the Mize babies think the same thing and it influences how they feel. :-) So neat how everything came together and many of the items have special meaning to you.

Nicole said...

Love it! Can't wait to see it in person!

Jo said...

So peaceful. Love the owl and the Sunshine sign.

Theresa Miller said...

What a beautiful room!